Friday, July 10, 2009

Once a Sun Devil...Always a Sun Devil...




Hey All,

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've been busy! I applied and got the job as the new Assistant Women's Gymnastics Coach at ASU...I'm very excited and nervous about the whole thing. I found out last Sunday, and started the next day, haha. I've already been around recruiting at the local gyms, and I will be going to Pennsylvania in a week. Talk about a whirlwind month...

I am incredibly lucky to get this position, and I hope all of you come out to the meets and bring your kids. Let me rephrase that...I better see all of your butts at our home meets or else!!! We need all of the support we can get. It feels nice to have a job, but I still have to finish summer school in my spare time, find floor music for the girls, recruit like crazy, and still be a great wife, yikes!

I think we'll have a better year this year. All of the girls seem incredibly motivated this summer, and they are working really hard. Much harder than I ever worked in the off-season, that's for sure.

Let's all root for a good season, and please wish me luck!





10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kari! That's so awesome! I can't promise to make it to all the home meets, but I'll try to make it to some. You don't need luck, because you're amazing. But since you did ask, GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Kar! That's really exciting! I hope I can make it to a meet in the spring. You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Lady Sun Devils. You'll do great and the team will be super! Good luck and love you.

    Sun Devil Fan 4 live!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you! I know you had some hard competition beat out. I am sad that I won't have a buddy to sit by at the meets but at least I will have all the inside on the girls. You are gonna be traveling all over how exciting! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Kari! I heard that the head swim coach job just opened up too. Maybe Emo can get that one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool Kari!! You are perfect for the job. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Way!!! I knew you'd get it!!! You are going to be SUCH an awesome coach! Congrats,....and Deb, don't worry...I'll sit by you at the meets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG- I can't wait to see you at the meets!! Congrats! You will do awesome, what a great fit for you and ASU!!!! Yea! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kari!! You will do so great! You better plan a meet against MN!! Your charm and spunk will win all the hearts of recruits.

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kari - that's so exciting. I'm behind the eight-ball hearing the news, but congratulations! You will be great!

    ReplyDelete