Thursday, February 5, 2009

Internship Applications--arghh...

Well I don't know how many of you know, but I am in school studying to be a Registered Dietitian. This entails many things...

1 - Basically get another undergrad degree in Dietetics (or fulfill the Dietetic coursework, which is one class short of another bachelors)


  • I will be done with this in May, well actually July because I have two online classes that I've been saving.

2 - Finish a 10-month (full-time) unpaid dietetic internship.

  • This proves to be quite difficult, since there is only one qualified internship in Phoenix (two in Tucson) and the one in Phoenix only accepts 4 people. So needless to say, my chances are not great. Especially since they look at experience. The only thing I have going for me is my GPA. But I have to stand out as one of 4 in over 200-300 applicants.


3 - Pass the RD exam.



Applications are due by February 17th. This has become the greater stressor in my life right now! So you ask, what am I going to do if I don't get in...Good question. I'm hoping to get a job in the Dietetics field, and work for a year, and then apply again with more experience. Who knew that becoming an RD was so difficult. It's not like it pays a lot (I definitely made more as an accountant)!



On a happier note, I am posting some pictures below of last weekend. The first one is our friend Josh and his new girlfriend, Jen (who I extremely liked! Josh is SOO much better behaved with a gf around, haha!)


This is Em driving to the FBR, I couldn't take any pictures of the FBR because you cannot take your phone or camera inside. Although Em snuck his inside in his shoe. But looking back, he probably shouldn't have considering I dropped it in my beer, whoops!!



Doesn't he look cute in his sweater vest...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all that stuff. I am sure you will do fine you are a smart-ee. I have always been impressed with how good of a student you are. If you ever need a lunch break call me. I live super close to campus and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lunch would be great! What about Friday?? I have a break in school between 10:30am and 12:55pm...We could do lunch at like 11:30-ish if you wanted.

    ReplyDelete