Friday, January 30, 2009

So how have I done so far...

Well, you will all be proud to know that I have already worked out twice this week! Yea! And I've also decided to switch gyms from 24hour to Coyotes Athletic Center. The Coyotes place is LITERALLY a block from our house, so I think I'll use it more. Em will continue to work out at 24 because it's closer to his work. We don't really see eachother while working out anyways, I only like to spend 30-40 minutes there, and he could spend ALL day there. So then I just get annoyed and end up stretching for 30 minutes, haha. I'm really good at stretching!!

As a side note, I didn't realize how out of shape I really was! I was only lifting 10lb dumbells and I could feel it by the 10th rep! Then I tried to do some pull-ups (I was going overboard at this point, yes...) and I could only do 3. Let's put this in perspective. In high school, I once did over 50 pull-ups in a contest to win an ARMY t-shirt...haha. Wow, I was such a beef-cake.






4 comments:

  1. haha oh man.. this reminds me of how strong I USED to be. Granted we lifted tons and still worked out hard with volleyball... but it just isn't the same as gym. That feels like an entirely different life to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Girl Kare. I started back to gym this week too. Have to say, I'm not loving it. Keep up the good work, remember your muscles are suppose to have memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari! I didn't know you had a blog! Yay! I am totally feelin' your workout dilema. I did the wii fit the other and jogged in place in my living room for 10 minutes. My calves hurt so bad the next day I couldn't walk. :) We need to start an "Ex-DLG fat, lazy gymnasts who don't want to work out anymore" club and all go to the gym together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agreed Lindsay. Although I don't want to work out too hard, haha! Just enough to keep in shape...I never want to be able to do 50 pull-ups ever again LOL! We should all go to a yoga class or something, I know Debbie is down! I tried a ballet class the other day, but it was too easy, so I stopped going.

    ReplyDelete