Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Working Out...Motivation please?

Well, I decided yesterday that I'm going to start getting my butt to the gym again. I actually miss working out. I took all Christmas Break off but I now feel ready! I want to get in the habit before I get too far in to the semester so that it becomes routine for me.


So I hate cardio. But if I have something to do while cardio-ing I can usually stick it out. Therefore, I decided that first, I will finish reading "Eclipse" (the third book from the Twilight series).

I have to promise to read this instead of a text book because I believe that will help get me to the gym. I know what you're thinking...how are you going to read while cardio-ing. But, I never said I was going to push myself real hard. Getting to the gym is the first step, lol.
By telling all of you, I'll feel an obligation to workout. Goal for the next couple weeks is to get to the gym at least 2 days a week. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm not training for a marathon here people, I'm just trying to stay healthy!

3 comments:

  1. Just do it! I hate the gym. Why don't you go running or biking outside? I hurt my wrist so bad yesterday roller blading. Sucks because now I am scared to roller blade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hurt your wrist roller blading...I know I shouldn't laugh, lol. I don't like doing anything outside, the cold makes my ears hurt when I exercise! Plus I'd rather read a book or watch tv to make the time pass quicker. Plus, yesterday I was walking the dogs in our new neighborhood, and I got completely lost. What started as a 20 minute walk, ended up as an over an hour walk...I'm retarded

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg Kari! I always do that in my neighborhood too! I bet your dogs were both tired and worn out.

    ReplyDelete