Friday, January 30, 2009

FBR Open 16th Hole...

So if you've not taken the opportunity to attend the FBR Open, take a minute and add it to your 'Bucket List'...

Kari and I have been to the Open the past few years... I typically get the great opportunity to sit in the Box seats during the week and then on Saturday we go with large group of friends and sit in the Grass by the 16th Green. It is a sight to be seen, thousands of people mostly our age drinking Bloody Mary's in the morning and Beer all day... Booing incessantly if the Golfer doesn't make the Green.

I was there yesterday at the 16th Box Terrace, I saw 4 Golfers chip in off the green... The Crowd goes wicked nuts...

There is a great tradition, if the Golfer doesn't do well of tossing his ball into the Crowd... The Crowd immediately chants "Throw it Back... Throw it Back...", then the Fan Lucky enough to catch the Golf Ball complies. Actually this happened to a friend of ours. The quietest individual, Chad Zaabadich, on the planet was yelled at by a thousand people... He of course complied. Then Security tried to come and have him kicked out, then the Crowd started to Chant, "Let him Stay, Let Him Stay..." I can say it was one of the most HILARIOUS days! Adam Merino came into town for the Super Bowl so we took him to the FBR... Matt... I guess I shouldn't tell the Matt stories... Too embarrassing for him.

Anyways... this year the TPC (a.k.a - AJ's Evil Work), has completely enclosed the 16th Hole, which limits the number of drunk people booing, cheering, chanting, booing, etc. also means we will be forced to arrive extra early to get seats... See below photo.

I think we will still have fun though... It's an activity I hope Kari and I get to do every year for the rest of our lives... Or at least or lives in AZ...

-EMO


2 comments:

  1. Look at you posting baby!...and I think you should tell the Matt story, he doesn't read our blog, haha...I should tell my embarassing Matt story, but I'd have to post a warning that it's rated R...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let Em Tell, Let Em Tell.....I want to hear the Matt story. If it is anything like the other Matt stories......well, it should definitely be worth the read.

    ReplyDelete