Thursday, April 30, 2009

Jobs, TV's, etc...

Thank you all for your sweet comments after my big disappointment! I truly do feel better about it all. I've already applied for two different research jobs for the summer and maybe next semester. One of my professors has just been SO sweet and supportive. She REALLY doesn't want me to give up. She's the one recommending all of the jobs for me, and putting in a good word.

Emerson's been a sweetheart too. I don't think he knows quite what to do with me and my glum-ness, haha. But he handles me well, and can usually cheer me up. I told him that I was just going to be a shut-in and never leave the house until I can regain some confidence. And he said, "Sweeite (yes I know...long story on the nickname), you can do whatever you want. I just want you to be happy. Go make more purses!". LOL...

And what cheers a girl up better than shopping? NOTHING... Em and I received part of our tax refund and immediately went out and spent all of it on two brand new flatscreen TV's, one for our living room and one for our bedroom. They are awesome, and we got a smokin' good deal! Most of you haven't been to our house and seen the TV's we had before, so you might not know how exciting this is for us! Our other TV that was lent down to us from E's parents (which we were more than grateful for), was about 15 years old and took up most of our living room! It's amazing what a new flatscreen can do for a soul...

Sorry I don't have any pictures of them, maybe I'll take some and post later.

1 comment:

  1. ummmm maybe returning my phone call would also have been a good option, but the new tv's were a solid choice

    ReplyDelete