Monday, April 20, 2009

Negative Nancy is making a comeback...

Hi All,

I just thought I'd inform you that I didn't get into an internship. I logged on last night to find the comment..."We regret to inform you that you were not matched into an internship...blah blah blah". So as of now, my negative nancy-ness is back. I'm giving myself a couple of days to 'grieve', if you will, then hopefully positive polly can make a comeback.

I'm trying to tell myself that the last two years were not a waste, but at this point, I feel like that is the case. Where do I go from here? Good question...I have no idea. Do I wait and reapply next year. Doubt it. So my dreams of becoming a Registered Dietitian (RD) seem to be gone with the wind. Also, most of my classmates didn't get an internship either...Really good candidates too! I think the RD world is a worse-off place without us. It's also very hard finishing out the semester knowing that all the hard work didn't pay off.
Sorry for the gloomy post. Check back in a week when Miss Positivity is back...

7 comments:

  1. Oh baby, I am so sorry. The RD world is really missing somethlng special. Remember God has a plan for you. Morn for a few days then look ahead to the great things that lie ahead for you. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always love you...and Charlotte misses you....if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karbear, if it's truly something you love and enjoy then don't let it get you down. I had to wait 1 1/2 years to get into nursing school. It sucks and I was miserable, but it's so worth it now. Your hard work WILL pay off! You are too bright of a light not to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am glad to connect with you, via blogging. It's Ruth by the way.

    I know EXACTLY how you feel. EXACTLY! My husband is in an ob/gyn residency and decided last minute to switch programs a few months ago. He applied super late and didn't get in. We got the exact same email that he didn't match. We are going through the same emotions, what now? Hang in there, it will all work out! Keep on chugging along and you can be anything you want to be. Anything at all. loves...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super lame Kar. We ran out to our mailbox every day for 7 months straight waiting to find out which of the 9 law schools Austin got into. The only ones we got into were were our last choices. It's super crappy having to change life plans, but it all works out in the end. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Negative Nancy....Haven't you left town yet? I want to see Positive Polly. Anyone know where Polly is? Please come back Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kari- It's okay. I think you are super smart! You will get in soon, you are such amazing and smart woman!

    ReplyDelete