Monday, November 22, 2010

Four Month Nursing Strike...and a very guilty feeling mommy!

So right at four months, Kingston decided that he would only like to take the bottle and he no longer wanted to nurse. It broke my already working mommy guilt-ridden heart! I didn't just want to quit nursing completely, so I had to sit there and just listen to him scream at my boob for an hour, before he finally gave up and was hungry enough to nurse. This, of course, brought up all of the old feelings of a prior post regarding my guilty conscience of leaving my baby everyday to go to work.

Kingston eventually put down his picket sign and came back to his mommy. I've read that this is a normal occurrence for babies between 3 and 6 months. They apparently don't like to work hard to get food, when they know how easy it can be from a bottle. I'm so glad I didn't give in...I can only pray that I never have to sit there helpless, bawling just as loud as the baby, ever again.

I thought I'd end this post with a blurry picture of us after our war over my boob :) We are on happy peaceful terms now.


2 comments: