Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trip to the South...

On October 22nd, Em, King and I took a daring trip all of the way across the country to Charleston, South Carolina...(taking the red-eye on Thursday night/Friday morning + a nursing strike [more on that later] + a 4 month old with no sleep = one tough plane ride for everyone, haha !) But it was definitely worth it. I absolutely love SC...One of the prettiest places on earth, not to mention some of my favorite people. They are always so welcoming and make me feel like I'm right at home. We were there for a wedding of our dear friends, Clayton and Christina. The Dennard's were gracious enough to let us stay in the beach house...Yea, I know, be jealous because it was AWESOME! They have this quaint little back porch (which I called the Arizona room) with swings and rockers galore! Kingston's own little heaven! I loved having so much family around to help with my cranky little guy. Kingston also got to put his foot in the ocean for the first time (actually Grandpa Ward had to splash King's foot with ocean water, but it counts). He slept through the entire experience. But it was adorable all the same.

Katie (our new best friend!!) and Emerson at the wedding.


Our first night out in a LONG time...Yes, that is tequila. Thank goodness they were just little baby shots! (Thad, Em, me, Meredyth, and Lauren)


E and I at the rehearsal dinner...Going on about 2 hours of sleep...Yes, we are rock stars.


Gammy Cyndi and the babe finally takin' a nap...


Bonding time for King and G-pa Ward...


Self explanatory. Why is my face always the most creepy. (Me, Katie, Lauren, and Mer)


Proud grandparents! So sweet!!








We haven't gotten our groove on in forever! So much fun! The band was awesome! A regular Dave Matthews sound alike!


Again, creepy...Mer and Lauren sure look cute. (By the way, thanks Meredyth for letting me steal a bunch a pictures from you from FaceBook)


King and Grandpa hangin' out at the beach house (Arizona Room).


Off to the beach...





Showing Grandpa how King can roll over now!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all had a great time. Even Kingston looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete